Calling all architects, collectives, designers, students, studios and enthusiasts of art and design :
The competition is now open for entries
* The Mosque through Architecture
* The Majlis through Interior Design
* A Pattern through Graphic Design
* A Public Installation through Experimental Design
• Open to all architects, designers, design firms, artists and students from around the world. Entrants must be over 18 years of age.
• Employees or firms represented on the jury, students from schools where a juror teaches and employees of traffic and their family members may not participate in this year's competition.
• Entrants may enter as often as they like, but each entry must be submitted separately.
• The Competition begins on November 5, 2009 and ends on March 6th, 2010.
See below for important entry deadline information.
Entries will be judged on a points system with equal weight given to each individual criterion. A total high score of 50 and low score of 0 points are possible. The 10 highest scoring initial entries will become traffic ‘Nominees’, subsequently making them eligible to win the traffic design competition.
(Nominees will be required to submit technical drawings and renderings of their entries for which they will be given at least 2 months to prepare.)
Winning entries will show excellence in the following areas :
• General design aesthetic quality ;
• Symbolic and emotional content;
• Cultural relevance.